Lat night I wrote this. I am celebrating a non-material Christmas this year, so this is my gift to you.
In my 65 years on this planet, I've noticed a few things I'd like to share:
1. Life is NOT a destination, it is a journey.
2. The world could be a different place, if we all just decided to be a little nicer to each other.
3. Most all successful politicians arrive at their positions of power through the constant, thorough manipulation of others.
4. Each day, it is good to learn something new, all through one's life.
5. The world is a better place when you do something meaningful in the life of another person each day.
6. Children's laughter is an elixir.
7.Civility with others is the ultimate social lubricant.
8. We all just need a little recognition.
9. Gathering friends and family around food is always a good idea.
10. Fundamentalism of any kind defines the world in an immutable fashion that exists only in the mind of the person that holds the fundamental belief.
11. Bankers are never your friend.
12. There is much good in innocence.
13. Walking the world in judgment of others guarantees a lonely life.
14. The horizon was once clear for 50-100 miles, naturally.
15. Never listen to those who talk the talk, always listen to those who walk the walk.
16. Create laughter wherever you go.
17. Smell the roses.
18. There are great aromas in the world, starting with toast, coffee, popcorn, bacon, star jasmine, and rosemary.
19. Watching a campfire for hours, up close, is a meditation.
20. Computers will connect us, or destroy us. The jury is still out.
21. There is a wealth of beauty in the world, if one just opens their senses.
22. There is a beauty in words.
23. Sex is fleeting, and wonderful.
24. Touch heals.
25. Luck is the meeting of preparation and opportunity.
26. You don't need everything you have.
27. Life could be so much worse.
28. Health matters.
29. Water is scarce, we just don't know it yet.
30. Making mud pies is a fundamental right.
31. Jealously both destroys you, and makes you ugly.
31. Trust your instincts.
32. Lifelong learning is a gift we can give ourselves.
33. Strawberries are a celebration, especially with sour cream, and powdered sugar.
34. Getting 7-8 hours of sleep each day, is imperative.
35. Define who you are, don't let others define you.
36. Music heals.
37. Friendship is always worth the investment.
38. Fresh tomatoes from the garden are a sacrament.
40. Smile more often.
41. Care about others, especially when they don't make it easy.
42. If at all possible, live in a house with a porch.
43. Take long walks on a beach when you can.
44. Show appreciation.
45. Experience gratitude.
46. Know yourself, no matter how painful.
47. Smoking kills slowly.
48. Creativity opens you up as a person.
49. Being willing to be vulnerable pays great dividends.
50. You know more than you think.
51. Hurting others, ultimately hurts you.
52. Pickles make you pucker.
53. If you want others to do it right, don't try to control them.
54. Progress starts with a willingness to trust.
55. I have no tolerance for zero tolerance.
56. Anonymity breeds incivility.
57. Rubber bands are weapons.
58. Water bombs are fun for kids of all ages.
59. Breasts are a gift from God.
60. Humor heals.
61. Everyone has a gift.
62. We have it within our power...