Sunday, October 21, 2007

Roasted Garlic

I've always loved garlic, and frequently joke that I'd put it in anything, including tapioca pudding. It is very healthy for you, increases circulation, has anti-bacterial properties, and truly enhances flavors in cooking in a truly elegant way. Known as the Stinking Rose it is truly unique in the culinary world.

As I write this, I can smell it's luscious aroma, as I roast several heads in the oven. It is simple to do, and oh so good. Simply select several heads, cut the tops off, and place in a garlic roaster, or aluminum foil, pour some EVOO over each head, and place in a preheated 425 degree oven for 45 minutes.

When it is completed you can simply squeeze a clove into your mouth, or use it as a spread for bread, add it to mashed potatoes, add it to any cream type soup, or bisque at the end to add another layer of flavor, or anything else that comes to mind.

No comments: