Friday, October 26, 2007

Spanish Squash

To accompany the Chicken and Chorizo I wanted a nice vegetable dish, so I came up with this:

6-8 small yellow zucchini 3/4 to 1 " in diameter, or 2-3 larger cut into 1/2 " slices

2 TBS EVOO

1/2 -1 Tsp Sherry Vinegar

2-3 oz grated Sole Gran Queso cheese

Smoked salt to taste

Place the squash, EVOO, and sherry vinegar in a bowl, and mix to marinate. Add smoked salt, found at Spices, ETC to taste. Now place the mix in a small casserole, baking dish, and place the grated cheese on the top. Put the dish in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1/2 hour. This will give you a nice al dente dish.

The family doesn't tolerate onions well, so there were none in the recipe. If I were making this for myself, I would slice an entire onion and saute it until caramelized and add it to the dish. With 1 tsp of vinegar there was a slight vinegar presence, if I were to make it again, I'd use 1/2 tsp instead. If I added onions, I'd leave it at 1 tsp.


No comments: